Universities – Communities: strengthening cooperation
Project timeline: 4 years (01.02.2023 – 31.01.2027)
EU funding program: Erasmus+: КА2 CBHE
Financing: 988,435.00 €
To enhance universities’ social role through boosting university-community engagement leading to the elaboration of state policy on supporting the third mission of universities for ensuring social cohesion, resilience, sustainability and prosperity in Ukraine.
- To develop and discuss national policy on enhancing the third mission of universities and community-university cooperation (indicators: a policy paper; a road map, national guidelines, a research published);
- To develop the model strategies for relations between universities and communities based on their needs and aimed to enhance civic activism and citizen engagement based on principles of equality, solidarity, non-discrimination and inclusion and to pilot them in the HEI’s and communities involved (indicators: 7 on Ukrainian universities’ visions on the cooperation with the communities in terms of their social responsibility and university development strategies;
- To foster the cooperation between the project target groups and stakeholders on university-community cooperation based on European experiences and practices in the field of inclusion and gender equality, cyber security and digitalization, ecology, and civic education, etc. (indicators: community empowerment program, 3 hackathons, 2 volunteering programs);
- To increase the social responsibility and community engagement of universities through raising their capacities in the area of community development and local leadership (indicators: joint reports on the needs of the communities and their expectations from the cooperation with the HEIs);
- To foster the cooperation between the project target groups and stakeholders on university-community cooperation based on European experiences and practices (indicators: research/experience exchange visits to European partners and internally for experience exchange and cooperation; the number of participants at the project events and mobilities performed; training programs and relevant teaching materials for the project teaching component, a future summit);
- To ensure the qualitative project implementation is in line with best European practices as to the academic content and project management;
- To ensure proper cooperation between PI, target groups, and stakeholders in order to implement the project dully and timely to report to European and national authorities.
From Program countries:
- Genoa University (Coordinator)
- Fachhochschule des Mittelstands
- University of Latvia
- Czech University of Life Sciences Prague
- Lund University
- Fondazione Sicurezza e Libertà
- Accreditation Council for Entrepreneurial and Engaged Universities
From Partner country (Ukraine):
- Dragomanov Ukrainian State University (National Coordinator)
- Sumy National Agrarian University
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronic
- Bohdan Khmelnitskiy Melitopol Pedagogical State University
- Donetsk State University of Internal Affairs
- National Pirogov Memorial Medical University
- Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences
- Ukrainian Association of Professors and Researchers of European Integration
- Ukrainian Association of European Studies
- Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine
Maksym Kolisnyk, Coordinator of project from NURE
The research event united over 150 speakers and participants from 14 countries. The workshop discussions aimed at education, research, social, cultural and ecological challenges of the universities in the modern turbulent world. The key-note speakers of the workshop have been Deputy minister of the education and science of Ukraine, representatives of National Erasmus office, National quality assurance agency of Ukraine, European quality assurance agencies, National academy of pedagogical Sciences, NGOs. Maksym Kolisnyk, associate professor of the department, moderated the panel on entrepreneurship universities.
This project aims at the elaboration of the policy of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on enhancing the third mission of Ukrainian Universities and fostering best practices of cooperation between HEIs and communities based on application of the relevant experiences of the EU.
The goals of the project are to elaborate the evidence-based public policy of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on enhancing the third mission of Ukrainian Universities and fostering best practices of cooperation between HEIs and communities; and to develop models of university-community engagement incorporating efficient models of interaction between the communities and universities developed to ensure social cohesion, resilience, sustainability and economic development.